Thursday, February 7, 2008

Pursuing Ponce

It's official; I'm headed to that great land of filled in wetlands and cyress knee lamps for the first bicycle race of my life. It's MTB, it runs for 12 hours, and it's near Ocala, Florida. I'll be sharing those 12 hours with two teammates, so it won't be as grueling as my other two friends are likely to find it, since they're taking it on solo. I'm pretty excited, and I'm finding it really easy to get in more riding, running, and working out than usual with this thing hanging over my head. I look forward to bringing back a few photos for this page, as well, since there is always good scenery in Florida (human and otherwise...see: Vernon, Florida by Errol Morris).

As for the time being, the wife and I are going to take a page from those Earthcrafter folks and do a home-based, no-power campout in the backyard this weekend.


Wish I could offer something on the political scene, but even the round table discussion on Democracy Now! yesterday was pretty uninspiring, so I haven't done much reading. I miss Dennis.

No comments: